NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES INSTITUTE
The Institute has a Consultancy Unit that provides professional services to the community at large on commercial basis. This enables the experts in the Institute with a lot of potentials to contribute significantly to the key water resources projects. The Unit’s activities bring in extra-budgetary funds to supplement budget allocations from the Federal Government. However, its activities are hampered due to absence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The recent activities of the Unit include the following:
- Water Supply to ABU Zaria, through borehole construction, installation of submersible pump and the fabrication and erection of overhead tanks. A total of seven such projects were completed;
- Water Supply to a number of Government organizations, private properties including farms, factories and homes;
- Rehabilitation/installation of hydro-meteorological stations in Hadejia-Jama’are (HJRBDA) and Sokoto-Rima (SRRBDA) River Basin Development Authorities;
- Water quality analyses, assessments and interpretation for a number of companies, organizations and institutions;
- Geotechnical and geophysical surveys and analyses for a number of projects;
- A number of project-specific training activities including;
a) Community Based Urban Development Project (for Fed. Min. of Works & Housing), and
b) Azare Urban Water Supply Scheme (for FMA&WR);
- Federal Rural Water Supply & San. Program (for FMA&WR).
Dr. Emmanuel Adanu