NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES INSTITUTE
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CENTRE
We provide necessary ICT support to achieve optimum result in teaching research and management in thewater sub-sector.
To be a center of excellence on collection, processing, analysis, storage and dissemination of water resources data and information.
- Collects, processes and disseminates information on water and related fields.
- Functions as a National Reference Centre, depository of Water Resources Information generated by individuals, water agencies, government, private organizations and international agencies.
- Run a Data Base in Water Resources Materials.
- Publishes the Journal Index, Nigeria journals of Water Resources and Water News abstracts from Nigerian Dailies.
- Provide reference services
- Offers computer services to the staff and students of the Institute.
- Development of software’s to assist in achieving the goals and objectives of the Institute.
- Maintains all the Institute computers, remote sensing and GIS facilities.
- Processing of water resources information into the Data Bank.
- Runs training for both internal and external participants.
Dr. Emmanuel Adanu