NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES INSTITUTE
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING DIVISION
The core responsibilities of this division are:
- Promote and develop training courses in water resources
- Advise the minister on national water resources training needs and priorities
- Provide for the training of engineers and technicals on short courses and formulate programmes of work in the field of water resources
The Professional Training coordinates the Institute regular training which are:
- Certificate in Water Resources Technology
- Advanced Diploma Hydrogeology
- National Diploma (ND) in Water Resources Engineering Technology
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Water Resources Engineering Technology
INDUCTION COURSES UNIT
This unit has the responsibility to organize and conduct induction courses for Fresh Scientists and Engineers employed by the water resources sector.
Two induction courses were planned for 2008. They are:
- Induction course for Fresh Scientist and Engineers of State Water Board.
- Induction course for the Operation and Maintenance of Irrigation and Drainage Infrastructures for the River Basins and other relevant stakeholder in the water sector.
DISTANCE LEARNING UNIT
This unit is in the process of being developed. When the unit becomes fully operational it will coordinate the implementation of long distance learning for prospective students that may have difficulty of enrolling in the Institute full time regular programmes.
PAST RELATED WORKS
Some related activities the Division has done include:
- Community Let Total Sanitation (CLTS) programmes designed to empower community to take actions to stop open defecation leading to improvement in sanitation and hygiene for various communities in Nigeria.
- Courses on Inclusion of Vulnerable groups in water and sanitation.
- Training of Trainers on Water Supply and Sanitation.
- Develop Communication Strategy for WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
Dr. Emmanuel Adanu